Family law necessarily covers a broad range of subjects due to the dynamic nature of family relationships. More often than not, any proceeding in a family law matter will be emotionally charged. I have first-hand knowledge of the hardships clients encounter when going through family related litigation from both sides of the attorney's table. This allows me to handle your matters with the sensitivity to your particular situation while effectively advocating for your best interests or the best interests of your children or loved ones.
I have been a volunteer Guardian ad Litem, CASA volunteer case worker, and am currently a volunteer attorney for the CASA program in Idaho Falls.
Although family matters can be resolved without litigation there are some circumstances where litigation is appropriate and action should be taken quickly. These include:
- If your spouse has left the jurisdiction without warning and refuses all access between you and your children.
- If your spouse has cut you off financially, and you have no means of financial support unless you obtain a court order for child support and/or spousal maintenance.
- If your spouse has been dishonest and will not fully disclose all financial assets and is unwilling to agree to a fair distribution of assets.
- If your spouse refuses to participate in mediation.
- If your spouse knows you want to get on with your life and wants to drag out the process for as long as possible to make you feel their pain and/or incur a hardship that could be avoided.
- If your spouse desperately wants to reconcile even though the marriage is over and therefore uses any settlement process simply to attempt to get back together against your wishes.
- If your spouse refuses to engage in any settlement discussion or simply refuses to talk to you at all.
If any of the above situations apply to you, please contact an attorney for a consultation.
Carpenter Law Office offers assistance in the following areas:
- Termination of Parental Rights
- Divorce Proceedings
- Separation & Property Settlement
- Pre-Marital Agreements
- Post-Marital and Separation Agreements
- Child Custody & Visitation Disputes
- Domestic Violence Protective Orders
- Spousal & Child Support
- Modification of Judicial Decrees or Orders
- Family & Divorce Related Matters
- Paternity Proceedings
- Contempt Proceedings
- Grandparents Rights
- Child Protection